Senior Database Administrator
Job Number: 800220103
Job Type: Full Time(FTE)
Candidate Type – USA Work Authorization
Job Location – Durham, NC: Raleigh, NC
The Department of Information Technology (DIT) serves as the Technology Center for the State of NC. Services that DIT provides reach a client base of state and local government agencies, as well as schools, colleges and universities. This position is in the Distributed Database Support group in Department of Information Technology (DIT) and will provide database technical support and consulting. The individual will provide support for Oracle, Oracle RAC, Oracle DataGuard, Oracle Grid Control and Microsoft SQL Server databases located on premises and Cloud.
Roles and Responsibilities
Job responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
- Installation of the database software product, applying new releases/patches, configuration, performing backup and recovery, monitoring databases performance and reorganizing database structures as needed.
- Creation and modification of test and production database schemas, facilitating migration of database components and aiding in database design may be required.
- Provide consultation, analysis, and training statewide and will participate in an on-call support rotation.
- Involve in the development of policies and procedures for the effective use of the databases and ensure standards are adhered to.
- Experience in Oracle Database Server 12c/19c Administration on Unix and Linux environment
- Experience in Oracle Dataguard, RMAN, Flashback and Oracle Grid
- Experience in Microsoft SQL Server 2019/2016/2012 Administration
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Self-motivated and a strong desire to research and study new emerging database technologies
- Desired Skills:
- Experience with mid-size to large Oracle databases (100GB to 25TB)
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server Always On
- Experience with managed database services such as Azure Database or Amazon RDS is preferred, along with experience managing databases on cloud infrastructure.
- IT Technical certifications
- Knowledge of the Database analysis process and project management skills and should have the ability to plan and coordinate the work of others, communicate effectively in oral and written form, and establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Oracle infrastructure operations and performance troubleshooting Required 8 Years
- Experience in Oracle Database Server 12c/19c Administration on Unix and Linux environment Required 5Years
- Experience in Oracle Dataguard, RMAN, Flashback and Oracle Grid Required 5 Years
- Experience in Microsoft SQL Server 2019/2016/2012 Administration Require 5 Years
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines Required 5 Years
- Self-motivated and a strong desire to research and study new emerging database technologies Required 5 Years