Maven Applications System Specialist
Job Number: 800220108
Job Type: Full Time(FTE)
Candidate Type – USA Work Authorization
Job Location – Durham, NC: Raleigh, NC
The primary purpose of this position is to provide senior-level business and systems analysis, modeling, and development/ maintenance of software configurations for DPH Communicable disease surveillance and system maintenance operations. The Specialist will perform technical requirements gathering, test plan creation, business and workflow process modeling, and business systems integration based on a high degree of knowledge and experience using Enterprise Framework Components to assist in the collection of Communicable disease and COVID-19 data.
This position requires proficiency with analytical tools and knowledge of data analysis methodologies. This position is required to understand advanced database concepts to assist in the creation of disease surveillance reports. This position requires independent initiative and action in decision making, analysis, design, and troubleshooting arenas.
Roles and Responsibilities
Duties also include:
- Utilizing highly specialized knowledge in analysis, requirement specification, programming, and system configuration in order to define and implement the details of the design solution
- Work with system interfaces that utilize and incorporate standardized health information exchange and vocabulary protocols.
- Lead specification definitions for complex reporting and data extract needs and will be able to clearly document needs that both business stakeholders and technical staff can understand and utilize to deliver timely solutions.
- Define the extraction of health care data from conceptualization through defining data mining approaches and presentation of data participation in strategic and tactical planning with Business Partners, Vendors, and organizational unit management
- Participating in project planning and estimating efforts consultation and planning for specific modifications and enhancements to production applications/information systems
- Monitoring technical effort activities for adherence to schedules, milestones and deliverables
- Monitoring efforts for quality assurance and adherence to state, departmental and divisional standards and procedures
- Application/information system assessment and performance monitoring to avoid preventable interruption of production and to provide optimum quality service to the clients.
The ideal applicant will have work experience and familiarity with the following:
- Extensive experience in enterprise software suite – Required 3 Years
- Extensive technical knowledge in the areas of application system analysis and design and programming of a large-scale distributed application system – Required 3 Years
- Experience managing and supporting a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) environment – Required 3 Years
- Experience with development best practices and methodologies to evaluate, diagnose, and develop applications for optimal systems performance – Required 3 Years
- Experience writing optimized SQL queries and analyzing existing SQL queries for performance improvements
- Required 3 Years Experience in direct client contact and maintaining effective working relationships with end users and other internal/external staff – Required 3 Years
- Experience in organizing, prioritizing, and following complex and/or detailed technical procedures – Required 3 Years
- Experience with database design and file management techniques – Required 3 Years
- Experience configuring 3rd party software such as Conduent’s Case Management software (Maven Disease Surveillance and Outbreak Management solution) – Desired 1 Years
- Working knowledge of HL7 integration using integration engines such as Orion Rhapsody and Cloverleaf – Desired 1 Years