Legacy Systems Specialist
Job Number: 800230427
Job Type: Full Time(FTE)
Candidate Type – USA Work Authorization
Job Location – Raleigh, NC
We are seeking a highly skilled Legacy Systems Specialist to join our team. The selected candidate will fill the role of Specialist on the State Automated Driver License System (SADLS). As a Specialist, you will be responsible for the analysis of complex legacy program modules, and coding and testing of new and existing modules for major modifications to legacy applications.
Roles and Responsibilities
Technical expertise centered around LAN/Server design, implementation, and architecture for an enterprise environment.
Specialization in LAN\Server environment for new building construction
Successful development and maintenance of formal strategies, sourcing guidance, technical standards, blueprints, reference architectures, architecture patterns and technology roadmaps for a given LAN\Server domain
Successful completion of technology projects within area of LAN\Server implementations.
Definition and management of team structure and resource levels to support business needs Server environment
Conducting industry and market research of technologies and general themes in assigned architecture areas.
Engaging agency subject matter experts, business liaisons, and DIT representatives as to ensure proper alignment between business and IT within LAN\Server discipline
Must be able to work independently and as a part of a team to accomplish design and implementation objectives for new infrastructure environments.
Analyze, define, and document requirements for data and business processes. Design, document, and coordinate desired changes to legacy modules. Document the program and project deliverables as assigned.
Analyze and estimate feasibility and compatibility with other programs and projects. Provide quality control for project deliverables.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a programmer analyst in a corporate or government setting.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience exposing CICS and COBOL programs as web services via CICS Transaction Server (CTS).
- Proven experience in programming techniques and programming languages in the mainframe environment.
- Strong knowledge of principles and techniques of computer programming, testing, debugging, implementation, and documentation.
- Experience with analysis and design.
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, presentations).
- Strong organization, analytical, planning, and scheduling skills.
- Ability to resolve highly complex problems.
- Experience with financial processes analysis and modification.
- Self-starter who can work with a large and diverse team of business, management, and IT individuals.
- Demonstrated experience working with large project teams.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint), COBOL, CICS, TSO, MVS JCL, ENDEVOR, CA Tools, SQL, DB2, and VSAM.
- Experience with state or county government.
- Knowledge of Secure Socket Layer (SSL).
- Experience with Enterprise Level Application Development spanning two or more business areas.