Earlier this month, VMware released vCenter Log Insight 1.5. The bulk of the work done on this release was to make it a more enterprise-ready product. As an example, VMware added authentication support for Microsoft’s Active Directory for easier integration into an enterprise environment. This eliminates the need for multiple logins/passwords and allows for seamless integration into an organization’s pre-existing identity management architecture.
- Significant query performance improvements by optimizing the execution of common queries
- New analytics function: Unique count (ucount)
- Better integration with VMware vSphere and vCenter Operations Manager
- User interface for upgrading from previous versions of Log Insight through Administration UI
- User interface for syslog configuration of ESXi hosts
- Easier user deployment types with installation guidance on what capacity each one provides during installation
- Improved health monitoring of the Log Insight Virtual Appliance.
To read the entire article, click on the link http://www.infoworld.com/d/virtualization/big-data-analytics-star-in-vmware-vcenter-log-insight-15-update-234023, or contact us directly and we’ll be happy to show you how VMware or our other Solution Services can help your business!